Monday, February 14, 2011

Jan 22, 2011





A few of us met up at the Egyptian Theater on Saturday morning to sketch and photograph the historic building. I loved all the eye candy and had a tough time deciding what to draw first. I finally settled in up on the balcony and sketched one side of the stage area. I was feeling a bit rusty since i haven't sketched in what seems like months.

After a tour of the basement and backstage most of the other had to go about their lives, Mike and I hung out for a bit longer and were rewarded with a tour of the projector room.



I stayed a bit longer than everyone else and sketched the scarab beetle above the stage. Unfortunately I wasn't able to complete the coloring process before I sent my sketchbook away for a few months...I look forward to getting it back and finishing my pages.

No comments: